Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mouth's Receptive Cradle


27. th Corners of th Mouth (Providing Nourishment)

th JUDGMENT

Th corners of th mouth.
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Pay heed to th providing of nourishment
And to what a man seeks
To fill his own mouth with.

th IMAGE

At th foot of th mountain, thunder:
Th image of providing nourishment.
Thus th superior man is careful of his words
And temperate in eating & drinking.

Nine at th beginning means:
You let your magic tortoise go,
And look at me with th corners of your mouth drooping.
Misfortune.

Nine at th top means:
Th source of nourishment.
Awareness of danger brings good fortune.
It furthers one to cross th great water.



2. th Receptive

th JUDGMENT
Th receptive brings about sublime success,
Furthering through th perseverance of a mare.
If th superior man undertakes something & tries to lead,
He goes astray;
But if he follows, he finds guidance.
It is favorable to find friends in th west & south,
To forego friends in th east & north.
Quiet perseverance brings good fortune.

th IMAGE
Th earth's condition is receptive devotion.
Thus th superior man who has breadth of character
Carries th outer world.

Six at th beginning means:
When there is hoarfrost underfoot,
Solid ice is not far off.

Six at th top means:
Dragons fight in th meadow.
Their blood is black & yellow.


So reads my I Ching for today. A reminder of nourishment seems helpful today. I slept well, worked out (yes, I do that sometimes), & played lots of nourishing music(k). However, my house lacks healthy foods; I will take th advice of th I Ching & pick up some groovy groceries after this.

I hope to get my magic tortoise back real soon.

How th Receptive will affect me after th Nourishment fully manifests, I cannot yet know. However, if I can fully manifest receptivity & follow (rather than lead), I will experience sublime success.

That sounds pleasant.

No comments: