Monday, June 11, 2007

16 & 87

I selected two chapters from Crowley's Book of Lies as today's daily divination: 16 & 87. I have no further explanation to offer.

16

THE STAG-BEETLE

Death implies change and individuality if thou be
THAT which hath no person, which is beyond the
changing, even beyond changelessness, what hast
thou to do with death?
The bird of individuality is ecstasy; so also is its
death.
In love the individuality is slain; who loves not love?
Love death therefore, and long eagerly for it.
Die Daily.



87

MANDARIN-MEALS

There is a dish of sharks' fins and of sea-slug, well set
in birds' nests...oh!
Also there is a souffle most exquisite of Chow-Chow.
These did I devise.
But I have never tasted anything to match the

(?)

which she gave me before She went away.
March 22, 1912. E. V.


Note: In th book, a sigil appears in place of (?).

No comments: