Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nim Illium OM 4

I finally had a Tuesday night free to play open mic at the Illium. First, I played three tunes with Casey J. Chapman. I mandolined, and it was mandoliny. I had a good time with that, and I think she did, too. The audience liked it.

Then, I played my last set with Dave for a while. We did the whole thing together and played actually three songs that are very old, from our high school rock band days. It was very nice, a good last session together.

.. Juiceman
.. I am systems
.. in my pocket [first performance as Nodal Nim]
.. untitled [first performance as Nodal Nim]

=

I also did some recording with Teo, Nick, and Oliver. We worked out a weird arrangement of e blue apparatus, with Teo on keyboard (electric organ sound), Nick on guitar (distorted and played through a teeny tiny amp), and Oliver on bass. Oh yeah, and me on mandolin and voice. We did several takes. None was perfect, but they were all fun.

=

Tomorrow (technically today) is the last Rock the World, the W.R.P.I. radio show I've done some playing on, since Teo is going to college and nobody else is trained as a DJ. Nick is planning to train and carry on the legacy. They're planning to be on air until like 6:00 in the morning. I'll be there, and it will be a lot of fun. Very delarious, I am imagining.

No comments: