Friday, August 5, 2005

Lobel premieres at YAG informance!

It was an exciting afternoon, as a theatrical work I've been putting together with some kids and teachers at the R.P.I. Young Actor's Guild was informally premiered at the annual summer informance! I've been writing music for two original skits based on books by Arnold Lobel (Whiskers and Rhymes and Ming Lo Moves the Mountain). Elana Architzel has been helping adapt as well as direct, and Groups 1 and 2 were our performers. It was most certainly a "work in progress." Anyway, it went over well, and the program director Mary has asked me to continue working on it so we can eventually get it published and do fun things like tour elementary schools! This is way neat!

I didn't invite anybody to the informance because it's really just for YAG students' parents. My mom came. If this goes somewhere and we have a more public venue, I'm going to do some general invitations, but that won't be for a little while.

Anyway, there are some exciting possibilities here, and I'm going to stick with it and see where it goes!

No comments: