Tuesday, August 16, 2005

making rockets

Hi!

I have decided to start a podcast. For those of you who don't know, a podcast is like an internet radio show on-demand. Internet users can subscribe to any number of podcasts, and when new episodes in the podcast are uploaded by the podcaster (the person doing the show), they are automatically downloaded to the subscriber's podcatcher (a program for collecting podcasts). The subscriber can then listen to the new episodes whenever they want to. It's a little confusing, but it sounds like a fantastic bandwagon to jump on.

So my plan is to create a zany show called Nodal Nim's Rocket Ship, on which I play songs, talk about things, jam with guests, and do all sorts of wacky stuff. So tonight, with Teo, Nick, and Dave, I recorded some crazy jams that will do nicely in the pilot (and probably episode 2 as well). I also invited some friends, following open mic and preceeding a game of Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot, to tell stories, read poetry, and otherwise shoot the poo. I think it's a great start to something great!

It'll be a little while before I have enough stuff, mix the pilot episode down, upload the giant mp3, and learn how to actually set the podcast up. But that is definitely the plan, and I will keep any interested parties informed through this blog. Nodal Nim's Rocket Ship will be up and away as soon as I can pull it together!

If you folks out there have any suggestions or encouragement to give me about where I'm going with this, please email me! I'd be delighted to have some support with this project. My email address is: gtrpkt at yahoo dot com

No comments: