Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Coffee Planet OM 4

Not a lot of people came to the Coffee Planet open mic tonight, but fun was had nonetheless. After I played my set, I played some Almost Awake songs with Almost Awake (imagine that!). We also played "will we go out together," and some other time we'll probably play "vegetables". Dave and I played with a good country/folk player named Eric, and it was pretty neat. I don't play my mandolin with other people as much as I'd like, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I've decided that it doesn't kill me to play a few covers every now and then, and in fact, it could be plenty fun. I decided to start with "Across the Universe," by John Lennon. I generally liked the experience, and will probably learn some more covers for open mics and whatever else.

My set went something like this:

.. call it home
.. wow [request]
.. this ladybug
.. Across the Universe [Beatles cover, Nim premiere]
.. love song 5
.. lapse into memory [request]
.. science [request]
.. untitled [request]

Hmm, I think I'm forgetting something. I'm not sure what. Ah well. It went something like that.

No comments: