Monday, October 16, 2006

rite verses to my song!

Hulo.

I startd workng on a song today. It's very repetitiv, rathr droning. I like it, I think. It wud break up a Nim set nicely. It consists of lots of verses, al soundng rathr th same, and no othr sections. I rote about 8 verses so far today onto index cards (I do lov index cards!) and improvised many mor than 8 (they ar especialy easy to improvise). Th idea is that each time I play th song, I wud select som verses at randm from my pile o' cards and posbly improvise som new ones as wel. Here ar som verses I'v got (selectd, yes, at randm):

1

popldee & popldum
th one that gos to bed
this old bed protects me
& it ancrs down my hed
hed of flowrs, hed of wales
hed of thinkng things
nothng els is fethrd
but these aplbery wings

2

these flowrs taste like ancrs
in th bely of a wale
my wale of forgetfulness
won't help a sailman sail
I'm sailng in an opn sore
I'm sailng in th dust
th dust of this cold city
not th coldness that I trust

3

panda-lovng Dr. Doo
he puts one in his hat
a hat of fethrs, beads & rice
& stolen from a cat
th cat she is a clevr one
& now she plots revenj
cold revenj against th sun
at razr's crookd ej

4

ragd bankrs look at me
as if I did them in
inside stegosaurus jenes
hav faln on my skin
skind alive & left for ded
but wearng a tupee
sobng bloody tears of joy
it seems we'l be ok

and so on and so on forevr.

HERE'S WHER U COM IN!

These verses ar realy easy and fun to rite, and I'd lov to hav som wondrful frends submit som for me to use! That wud be way cool. I wud sing it, I promise!

Here's how to rite one:

First of al, it dosn't hav to be "about" anything, and probly shudn't be. It's not a song "about" anything, it's just kind of dreamy and stranj.

Each verse has 4 frases, wich I like to rite on 2 lines each, making it 8 lines total. Each frase has th same rythm:

these flowrs taste like ancrs
in th bely of a wale

etc. etc.

Ther ar rymng words. Basically, th last words in th first 2 frases must rym, and th last words in th secnd 2 frases must rym: AABB.

---------rym1
---------rym1
---------rym2
---------rym2

Also, th last word in th first 3 frases must be repeatd in th beginng of th next frase:

--------------word1
word1---------word2
word2---------word3
word3--------------

Wen a word repeats, it dosn't hav to be ryt away (othr words may intrvene in th line), and it dosn't hav to be th same form (exampl from abov: ...thinkng things / nothing else... "things" is repeatd as th word "nothing".)

So to put those ryms and repeatd words togethr in one diagram:

---------rym1/word1
word1----rym1/word2
word2----rym2/word3
word3----rym2

So here's one last exampl. I wil indicate for u wich words ar wich.

litl nose of leprosy
I found in my suit COAT [rym1/word1]
a COAT [word1] of arms to honr me
& tie me to my GOAT [rym1/word2]
GOATish [word2] songs & goatish names
I herd them in th PARK [rym2/word3]
PARK [word 3] them next to Adam
& he'l feed them to his LARK [rym2]


Send me verses & I wil sing them!

No comments: