Thursday, May 24, 2007

hex 53, 52

As Part 2 in my esoteric divination experiment, I did an I Ching reading this afternoon & received hexagram 53. . . .

53. Development (Gradual Progress)



th JUDGMENT

Development. Th maiden
Is given in marriage.
Good fortune.
Perseverence furthers.

th IMAGE

On th mountain, a tree:
Th image of development.
Thus th superior man abides in dignity & virtue,
In order to improve th mores.

Nine in th fifth place means:

Th wild goose gradually draws near th summit.
For three years th woman has no child.
In th end nothing can hinder her.
Good fortune.


. . . changing into hexagram 52. . . .

52. Keeping Still, Mountain



th JUDGMENT

Keeping still. Keeping his back still
So that he no longer feels his body.
He goes into his courtyard
& does not see his people.
No blame.

th IMAGE

Mountains standing close together:
Th image of keeping still.
Thus th superior man
Does not permit his thoughts
To go beyond his situation.

Six in th fifth place means:

Keeping his jaws still.
Th words have order.
Remorse disappears.


An interpretation: I will do things today: make PROGRESS. I will work to improve. Th results will not immediately come, but ultimately, in time, Good fortune!

Then tonight, I will STOP. I will keep my back still: meditate, breathe deeply. I will not talk (keeping his jaws still). I will forgive myself (remorse disappears).

This seems a magnificent plan for th day.




So far, I have brought hexagram 53 into fruition pretty well by cleaning & organizing my room & things. I threw out lots of clutter, moved some homeless books to my windowsill, created an organization system for my various papers, & swept up a nasty pile of dust. I have not only th I Ching to thank for this, but also Eric, who inspired me in conversation.

No comments: