Friday, July 8, 2005

The Daily Grind

It was an exciting evening! The Daily Grind, a coffee-shop on 3rd St. in downtown Troy, has open mic every Thursday from 9 to 11:30ish. It's always amazing! You never know what the heck to expect, but the people are cool and friendly, and there are usually some amazing performances. I have to recommend this weekly event highly to anybody who can get there!

Still being mandolin-less, I gave up complaining about it and wrote a song this week on my electric guitar. It was a 7 1/2 minute or so oddity, but I think it was well-received. For now, its title is "The Same Thing You're Always Talking About." I'm planning to write another for next week, if I can find the time.

Must recommend these open mics to everybody! They're something to behold!

No comments: