Saturday, December 3, 2005

Victorian Stroll tomorrow!

Troy has a bizarre tradition called the Victorian Stroll, in which people strut around downtown wearing Victorian garb and being entertained. I performed some Christmas songs with chorus way back in high school, but I've never been involved with the Stroll in any other way.

This year, however, I'm going to be doing some jamming with Maurizio and Rob Guerin. We're playing from noon to five tomorrow at the Illium. I don't really know what sort of stuff it will be, but I'm looking forward to playing some improvisational mando.

So if you're out strolling, feel free to stop by and check us out.

But first, there's something that might be amazing happening on 3rd Street by the Daily Grind at 10:00 AM. Some sort of mock worker's demonstration, with actors playing labor representatives. It's something independent, not sanctioned by the city, but intended to give a better representation about what the Victorian era was like in Troy, a workers' industrial city. I'm planning to check that out, and I can't say to what extent I will participate.

Almost Awake is also playing tomorrow during the Stroll, probably during the same time frame that I'll be at the Illium. They'll be at Flavour Cafe. You can check them out, too, if you like.

I'm sure there are tons of other things going on as well, but those are my three recommendations for you at this time.

No comments: