Saturday, December 24, 2005

Prof. Java's!

My last show of 2005 went off without a hitch. It was kind of exhausting, but plenty o' fun. There were some good fun folks there.

Iris requested "POTATO", which is not a song I actually have, but I improvised something fun and silly about potatoes.

During a break, Kristina showed me some lyrics her and her friends had written that they wanted me to sing. So I did! Here are the lyrics they wrote:

Brazilians
You don't speak Spanish
But jump real high
You like to wear white pants
And fight when you dance
Your armpit hair sparkles
Like pretzels on fire
I like to sing about cars.
I'll sing you a song about Brazilians.

I played some minor seventh chords and sang a song about Brazilians. It was neat fun, and I hope it will become a tradition for audience members to write lyrics and give them to me!

I also did three premieres: you and mandolins, no more crisis in Rome, and 2G's.

Here is my set, more or less:

eins
.. will we go out together?
.. level 1
.. in my pocket
.. receptors & peptides > retro helplessness > call it Home
.. Maroon Dots [request]
.. fly this kite
.. shirt thane > you and mandolins [premiere]
.. wow
.. I am systems
.. lapse into memory
.. this ladybug
.. present tense
.. let me in your hole

zwei
.. 5 songs of fish
.. Brazilians [improvised from audience-supplied lyrics]
.. love song 5
.. the slippery toad > javelin head > science
.. candle bird
.. stripes
.. Robots: the card game > rules to Stone Game
.. Collarbone Pharoah
.. no more crisis in Rome [premiere]
.. Pablo
.. yellow things

drei
.. Deenmark [request]
.. e blue apparatus
.. troglodyte
.. send me up > raisins > Alan the Duck
.. you've got your own life
.. 2G's [premiere]
.. deposit 1 tangelo > acrobasebombball
.. Superman has friends
.. 25% more monster > vegetables you've never heard of
.. hello, will you be my Sheep?

No comments: