Saturday, March 5, 2005

new concert CD: Nodal Nim at Hurley's!

Just like the song says, I've got a new CD!

I put the recording from my last Hurley's concert (along with a few songs from last semester's Hurley's concert) into CD magic and copied! So I have lots of CDR's right now just ready for the plucking! I'm going to start selling them for six dollars!

Eventually, mp3 versions of all the CD tracks will likely go on my SoundClick page. So why should you bother spending six bucks to buy a CD from me? Here's what I've come up with:

• My SoundClick page won't have these songs available for some time. Maybe it'll take just a few weeks, maybe a few months, maybe longer. I haven't decided.
• I may decide to cut out all my rambling when I make mp3s, all the times I say dumb things like, "This is a song..." "Hi, I'm Nodal Nim!" "This is a relatively new song... from my middle period, if that means anything..." "I've played that before," "Thanks for coming out!", "This is a classic old Nodal Nim song," "Yes, that's the end," and so on and so forth. So if you want the Nimbabbling, you'll want the CD!
• On the CD, the February 17 concert tracks are uncompressed audio (AIFF files), so they have a better sound quality than the mp3s that will be available online.
• CDs are more portable than computers! (But not more portable than mp3 players, of course!)
• I design each album slightly differently. The CD itself has "Nodal Nim at Hurley's" written on it with Sharpie (classy!) in a unique way, for example.
• Best of all, in my opinion, each album comes with a unique spontaneous poem and autograph hidden away on the inside of the cover! Mp3s don't come with poems or autographs!

I will not try to deceive you: another viable option for you is to find somebody who already has my CD and copy it from em. This is legally permissable, because I release all my music under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Creative Commons License. "You are free to copy, distribute, and perform the work..." etc. So go ahead and do that, I won't mind! But, I also won't mind if you buy the CD from me. It's really quite cheap, and you'll feel very special! You are special, and I want you feel that way!

If you're interesting in buying a CD, get it touch with me however you like:

email: gtrpkt at yahoo dot com
AIM screen name: Nodal Nim
cell phone: (315)657-6839

I live in Potsdam right now, but I'll be coming home to Troy for winter break soon, and I'll plan to make some deliveries while I'm there!

Love,
Andrew

No comments: