Thursday, March 3, 2005

Hurley's Open Mic = No!

Hurley's Open Mic has been cancelled for tonight, but Coloring Time with Andrew is a mos' def. Tune in to 90.3 fm the Way between 10 and midnight for coloring and mandolin fun cakes!

A guy told me today that he listens to CTWA regularly while he paints and really enjoys it! I've met this guy a few times, and consistently forgotten his name, but he's cool, and it totally rocks that he's a regular listener! He says it helps to keep him going when he's working late at night in the art studio. Yeah!

I also received a message from a girl who was at my Hurley's Feb. 17 show who said she really enjoyed it. She said that I am "awesome" and that my "square song is the man," referring to the song Wow, which I happened to start with a verse like, "Wow! The sidewalk is made of lots of squares, would you like some squares...?" etc! She also said, "all you're songs were great, and i think i want to marry you because of them," but then explained that she was "just playin (obviously)..."

Anyway, I think this constitutes "fan mail," and, as it is the first that I have received, that is very neat! Thanks, Lindsay!

Who doesn't like an ego rub from time to time? Especially on a Thursday!

I think I'm going to start producing CDs of the Hurley's show tonight, while I've got some free time...

=

In other music news, I'm singing in my voice studio next week, and I'm rather frustrated by the challenges of the songs and switching between Nodal Nim and classical style. I turned down a gig on Wednesday for the extra practice time and so Nodal Nim habits don't carry into my singing. Eric (my accompanist) and I are going to have to put in some good rehearsal between now and then, but it will definitely be worth it!

No comments: