Tuesday, December 26, 2006

journey and incident in Ohio

Hello, all!

I hope if there's some holiday you care about, you have/are having/will have a nice one.

(As for me, I kept my general humbuggery to myself on the day of Xmas. My immediate family likes to get together, eat and exchange gifts. I have no problem with that. As long as Jesus stays out of things, Xmas is rather pleasant.)

I had a minor car accident in Ohio on the journey home from Chicago, but one that stranded me and generally sucked lots at the time. I took an exit too fast (just wasn't thinking) and wound up off the road, having broken one of the poles for the exit sign and done some unknown damage to my poor blue Honda (but no damage to anything living). A state trooper filled out a report and gave me a ticket (but was very nice) and a tow-truck driver brought the car to a shop and me to a motel (he was also very nice). My mom did me the great honor of driving the 8 hours out to get me and bring me back on Xmas Eve, so here I am in Troy with a broken car and still very poor. Ah well.

So I have no idea how long I'll be here, etc. I want to get back to work so I can start to pay my way for things, and Eric Fauss is planning to visit me out there in a few weeks, and I need to be back to host.

Oy vey.

-

But come to my show on Thursday and say hello! Lots of fun will we have!

-a

No comments: