Friday, June 30, 2006

Nim busks Chicago

Wile Tiffany was at work, I finaly got up th nerv to hit th streets of Chicago to perform som tunes and make som cash. To som extent, it was a sucess.

Museum Campus Tunl

Ther's this neat area wher trafic from thre big cool touristy bildngs al meet up, a litl tunl undr wich many many peple travl evry day. So I playd ther today, for just undr a haf our, and I made $5. Here's th set:

.. lov song 5
.. cal it Home
.. vejtbls u'v nevr herd of
.. 5 songs of fish
.. 25% mor monstr
.. 2G's > Deenmark

It was intrestng. Jenrly, peple seemd to enjoy it. Nobody actuly stopd to lisn, altho som peple did drop dolrs off in my mando case, then continud on their way. I was suprised nobody stuk around. If I had just donated my dolr to a steet musician, I'd like to se wat he's got. Anyway, it was fun, and I felt apreciated.

And I did som math. haf an our : $5 :: one our : $10, ryt? $10 an our. That's good wajes! I think this pich ("pitch" = location) may hav ben especialy good, so $10 an our myt be about th maxmm I cud expect to make doing this. Not bad, tho. Two ours wud get me $20, wich is mor than I'm making at home playng two our gigs at cofee houses, most of th time!

outside th Daly Center

This pich was not very good, so I did't play long. I was near auto trafic, and ther wern't a lot of peple going by. Those that wer probly wantd to just get th hek home so they cud figur out wat they'r doing tonyt. Erly Friday evnng in th Loop, no so good. I only playd a few songs for Tiff (she wasn't around befor), then we continud walkng.

.. sience
.. lov song 6
.. stelr nursery
.. brown dwarf

=

In case u'r wondrng, I havn't made it to an opn mic yet, but we'r planng on it for tomoro nyt. We tryd to go to one yestrday, but th place had closed down. We'l cal first tomoro.

=

O, so here's my goal, by th way. Tiffany's workng again tomoro, so wile she's doing that, I'm going to do my darndest to make $20 playng on th street. I'm going to plan out a rout tonyt. It'l probly take me bak to that tunl, but I'd like to try lots of new places as wel. I think it myt be nice to play near th Museum of Contemporary Art, for exampl. If a pich is good, I'l stik around longr. If it suks, I'l mov on. I'l giv a ful report tomoro nyt (or somtime soon, anyway).

No comments: