Friday, February 18, 2005

headlining and ctwa3

I'd like to start by saying a big thank you to everybody who came out to my gig at Hurley's tonight! (Technically, yesterday.) I suspect there were 20-30 people there, which for a Hurley's headlining gig, is quite a few. I guess my self-promotion paid off this time, and I am pleased about that. It's weird to be all like, "Hey come to my show," y'know, not very modest, not very subtle, but it's important. As for the show, I felt I played pretty sloppily, but I had a good time anyway. It was hard to tell what the audience thought of it, but after a while, it seemed like a lot of folks were into it. I like when that happens!

I recorded the whole hour, and I should have it on my computer right now. I will cut it up into tracks and stuff soon and get it online! I think I can put this concert with last semester's Hurley's concert on a CD and feel pretty good about giving it to people and stuff, so maybe I'll do that. Right now, I need to wrap this blog entry up and go to sleep!

I don't have a set list to share just yet. I guess I'll just include it when I upload the audio. The important stuff was that I premiered three songs (Pablo, Level 1, and Bodymind) and I relearned one old one (Docky Docky). When I listen to it and can think coherently (I am so tired right now!), I'll share some anecdotes about the evening, too.

Then, and this was kind of insane, I went to Coloring Time with Andrew as usual. I only did the first hour. I played a few songs before breaking the second A-string. My ctwa set list was:

• Coloring Time with Andrew
• Javelin Head
• Acrobasebomball
• nimland.cjb.net
• Lapse Into Memory

Thanks again if you came to my show, and I really hope you had as awesome a time as I did!

-Andrew a.k.a. Nodal Nim

No comments: